Saturday, September 20, 2008

the fridge and the washing machine

(for Wendy's Fridge Door Competition)

Who doesn't love perusing the scraps, notions, and odds and ends on someone else's fridge door? That blank canvas of an appliance is often littered with little hints of our days. A collage of mementos, reminders, and whatever else needs a home begins to form and soon we have a centerpiece for the center of our home.

Except, of course, if you happen to have just bought a new refrigerator...

and can't bear to sully it with your cacophonous array of bits and pieces.

So, let me tell you about my washing machine...
Currently the home of all things fridge-door related, my washing machine has become the place to post our crazy magnets, pretty postcards, artwork from youngsters, and notes on such topics as harvesting onions, etc...

So, I guess dirty laundry really can say a lot about a person...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

I know what you mean about those loud, noisy notes. Mine was pristine until fairly recently.

Wendy said...

Wonderful washing machine!
Can you send me the picture by email so I can upload it to my blog. :)