Monday, October 19, 2009

something satisfying

There is something satisfying in making gnocchi (or gnuddi). In the kneading and rolling and shaping there is a rhythm - a space for thoughts, meditations.
And then in the finished little pillows, such satisfaction.
Oh, and they're pretty tasty too...
As you may have heard, Gourmet Magazine will no longer be in print after the November issue. While I will be quite sad not to have these gorgeous issues greet me each month, the current website states that their archive of recipes will remain available through their sister site epicurious.com.
*A few notes: I found I only used 1 1/2 cups of flour total (including dusting the board) and I used chopped, toasted walnuts in place of the chestnuts as that is what was on hand and the results were quite good.

5 comments:

kathryn said...

What beautiful looking gnocchi. They all look so perfect and inviting. And I do like the idea of sweet potato gnocchi as something different.

smoo said...

I second Kathryn. Your gnocchi are gorgeous!

Chelsea said...

Thanks, ladies - these were so fun to make and the sweet potato is a nice twist, especially at this time of year. Perhaps a winter squash version next time?

jill said...

This looks lovely. I'm inspired to renter the kitchen now after my brittle failure. :)

Chelsea said...

Brittle failure? That's a bummer.

You make too many tasty things to stay out of the kitchen...

If you haven't made them before, you should try the gnocchi - they're so easy and so rewarding. And - they freeze well too!